Logo

Anyone here work for a marina and repair boats?

Anyone here work for a marina and repair boats?
I have some questions about products!

Ayuh,.... Such as,..??

I work with 1/2 dozen or so marinas, 'n know most all of their techs,....

Ayuh,.... Such as,..??

I work with 1/2 dozen or so marinas, 'n know most all of their techs,....

Cool! Just wondering what % of boats that come in get hull repair (floor replacement, punctuators/hole repairs, resurfacing, feature & function upgrade requiring fiberglass) or appearance work (hull waxing).

Is hull repair and appearance work pretty common work for marinas?

Most folks just buy a new one.------Know of a place where they shove them on a plile with a dozer.-----Not worth fixing as folks want " new " to keep up with the neighbor.-------High overhead means that there is no return / chance for profit.------It may be different in some locations however.

You may be able to find someone in your area that does that kind of work but if you go through a marina prepare to spend big bucks. Most boat repair is done by the owner or like racer said they upgrade to a better setup. You never know what your getting into until you start tearing into it especially a soft deck or drtyrot in the transom. I put a new deck in my 16ft bowrider and got lucky the transom is in good shape it was still alot of work removing all the bad wood and putting it all back together.

You may be able to find someone in your area that does that kind of work but if you go through a marina prepare to spend big bucks. Most boat repair is done by the owner or like racer said they upgrade to a better setup. You never know what your getting into until you start tearing into it especially a soft deck or drtyrot in the transom. I put a new deck in my 16ft bowrider and got lucky the transom is in good shape it was still alot of work removing all the bad wood and putting it all back together.

Thanks guys, very helpful. I'm more talking hull repairs that just need some polyester or epoxy resin. Are marinas doing those pretty commonly?

You need to check with the marina to find out what is allowed. EPA regulations may apply as far as hull repair from sanding and painting.

I'm more talking hull repairs that just need some polyester or epoxy resin. Are marinas doing those pretty commonly?

Ayuh,.... How extensive is the damage,..??

Generally speakin', 'round here hull work is done by others, not marinas,...

Back