Logo

2003 90 hp honda shift part

aj bruno

[FONT=verdana, geneva]I have a 2003 90 hp Honda ob. The other day coming in I went to throttle up and heard a snap. The plastic connector from the underside of the binnacle the to cable broke, the aluminum keeper fell to the floor of the console. I was able to mcgyvor it back to the dock. What is this part called and can I order it on its own? I have attached a picture of it from the underside, this is the one that is still intact, the identical part desinigrated.[/FONT]

I assume you mean the long black plastic piece....

I do not know of how to buy just that piece. You can buy the connector kit that has all of the parts you are using..and then some...

The shifter was made by Teleflex, which is now Sea Star Solutions.. The part number for the SL3 connection kit is 212151-003. If you Google that number, you will find several sources. Even Marine Engine has them listed.

Here is a link to a picture. http://www.marineengineparts.com/seastar-solutions-212151-003-kit-cbl-fitting-sl3-osprey.html

I do not know anything about this site or if the price is the best price. I just wanted to show you a picture of what you will get.

Mike

Back