Logo

Yamaha 150 4 stroke hesitates

beb123

Hi - I have a F150C 4 stroke Yamaha on my bass boat and have trouble with it hesitating under load. As I apply throttle from a start it bogs down around half throttle. If I back off and very slowly throttle up and/or wait for the boat to eventually get on a plane I can get it going, after which it runs fine at wide open throttle. I'm thinking fuel starvation and/or water in fuel, but when I checked the filter it's clean and theres no water in the clear plastic filter bowl. There was some air in the top of the bowl, don't know if that's normal.

One thing I noticed when I replaced the filter is that the fuel line bulb does not pump fuel. I squeezed it repeatedly to try to pump gas thru to fill the filter bowl but only air came out. Seems like this isn't right, isn't there supposed to be a one-way check valve that lets the bulb pump fuel? Perhaps this is bad and/or I have an air leak in the line somewhere? I could imagine this could somehow lead to fuel starvation on acceleration.

There is gas in the tank!
thx

Resurrecting this - I finally put the boat in the water after replacing the squeeze ball and have the same problem. Flat spot on acceleration, but no problem running full out once I get going. I called a local shop where I will take it but they can't see it for several weeks. The technician said that it might be due to gumming up of the carbs due to my not spraying them with something before laying it up for the winter. Any idea what he meant? Can I do anything to try to clean that myself before taking it in? thanks

My 2016 4 stoke out board has a hesitation at fol throttle fuel filter has fuel no air plugs are good power packs have good spark just hesitates at 3/4 throttle won't get up on step and plane out

My 2016 4 stoke out board has a hesitation at fol throttle fuel filter has fuel no air plugs are good power packs have good spark just hesitates at 3/4 throttle won't get up on step and plane out
Thank you for your report.

Back