Logo

How's my idle? 2008 60HP 3 Cylinder

Watching your video, your engine is doing the "EXACT" same thing at idle that mine is doing! I have adjusted the carbs to no end and they are "like new" inside and out. Please post your outcome if you figure it out. I plan on working on it some more today if the rain holds out.

Does yours have a slight miss up to around 1900 RPM's as well? Or just a bumpy idle?

Scott Bayes from Scott Bayes Marine adjusted mine. Adjusted timing and I think leaned it a bit. Here’s the end result. He’s worked on Mercs for ages / spe******t, and well known around here. I’m sure you could contact him on his website and ask him what he did exactly to my 60.
Hers the after video. What a difference...

https://youtu.be/G3jOyg4Uovk

That's a massive difference! That's how there supposed to sound at idle... I had a feeling it was something to do with timing as well. Looks like you're in a different country, so doubt they will be able to help unless they respond to emails? If I could talk to him for just a few minutes, I bet I could figure it out after that.

Thanks for the reply and updated video!

Thank you. I spent some time under the cowling and on the water today and I finally figured it out. Lots of things out of whack. I got it running much better. Just a little fine tuning and it will be perfect. I'll update my thread with the details.

Back