Logo

Honda 20hp BAMJ-1023810 cannot Tilt on Manual

Brettdp

Hello!

Could some advise me on what the problem could be with my motors tilt release valve? I cannot tilt the motor when the valve screw is on 'manual' ...

Motor is a Honda BF20 hp 4 stroke BAMJ-1023810

Thank you.

I am not sure what you mean by "on manual".r
However, if you turn the tilt release valve counter clockwise a couple of turns, you should be able to raise your engine by physically picking up the lower unit until you get it to where you want it, then while you are holding it in place, have someone tighten the screw clockwise until it is tight. The motor should stay in place.

Likewise, if the motor is already tilted up and you turn the screw counter clockwise, the engine should lower on its own weight. Tighten the screw clockwise, then you should be able to operate the tilt using the switch on the shifter.

I hope that addressed your question.

Mike

I am not sure what you mean by "on manual".r
However, if you turn the tilt release valve counter clockwise a couple of turns, you should be able to raise your engine by physically picking up the lower unit until you get it to where you want it, then while you are holding it in place, have someone tighten the screw clockwise until it is tight. The motor should stay in place.

Likewise, if the motor is already tilted up and you turn the screw counter clockwise, the engine should lower on its own weight. Tighten the screw clockwise, then you should be able to operate the tilt using the switch on the shifter.

I hope that addressed your question.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for your reply...

I have turned the screw counter-clockwise to 'release' the motor but unfortunately it will not budge to full 'tilt up' position (currently down). I think it would best that I take it to our local mechanic to have a look at what the problem could be.

Cheers,

Brett.

Back