Logo

Mercury Optimax 115 hp Mod 2008

Leif009

Hi from Norway :)
I have a Mercury Optimax 115 hp Mod 2008 with Snart Craft system. I have problem with the Oil sensor. When I was driving and the RPM com up to 4000 the alarm go and the motor go in to Throole Lock(Safe mod) but when I reduce the RPM to 3900 its disappear and the engine run ok.And if I go up to RPM 4000 again the same hapening again. On the Smart Craft system it coming up: Oil sensor not working properly. I have know change oil sensor but I have the same problem. Oil tank is ful.
Sorry about my bad English but hope ther is somone who can help me.

You have to change the oil tank on the engine. The float inside is heavy with oil and is no longer floating.

Hi and thank you for the answer. I wonder if it's possible only to change the float in the tank or is that difficult to do? Is it posibol for me to drive the boat if I dont drive over RPM 4000 or is that no good for engine? Will the engine receive oil anyway or not?
Thanks in advance for your help

Brgds
Leif

You have to change the oil tank

Hi Again.
I have try know to change the oil tank but stil have the same problem. When the problem was coming up after the oil sensor have been change I take Master reset on the Smart Craft system but I have not taken calibration on the system,can that bee the reason that I have the same problem?
Sombody say that it can bee that the oil pump is broken, but I dont know becous I think if the oil pump is broken the alarm will run when you start the engine not like it is today that the alarm go when I come to RPM 4000 and go in to
Safe mod.
I dont know what to do and hope you can help me litel

Brgds
Leif

Hi again.
Is ther sombody who can help me with this problem? Thanks in advance for any help

Hi Again.
I have try know to change the oil tank but stil have the same problem. When the problem was coming up after the oil sensor have been change I take Master reset on the Smart Craft system but I have not taken calibration on the system,can that bee the reason that I have the same problem?
Sombody say that it can bee that the oil pump is broken, but I dont know becous I think if the oil pump is broken the alarm will run when you start the engine not like it is today that the alarm go when I come to RPM 4000 and go in to
Safe mod.
I dont know what to do and hope you can help me litel

Brgds
Leif

Hi Leif, did you get your Optimax fixed yet? I too live in Norway near Porsgrunn and have worked as a marine mechanic for many years so know this motor very well if you need any more help.

Hei.
Har ikke fått den i orden enda. Har skiftet sensor og fekk låne en tank av en kamerat og prøvde med den uten at det hjalp meg. Alarm går ved 4000 omdreininger og turtallsperra slår inn. Tar av til 3700 og da går alt normalt. Når problemet oppstod tok jeg master reset på smartcraften, skulle kanskje ikke gjort det. Kan det være at det ikke er calibrert lenger som gjere at det ikke funke som det skal?

Hi Leif, did you get your Optimax fixed yet? I too live in Norway near Porsgrunn and have worked as a marine mechanic for many years so know this motor very well if you need any more help.

Hei.
Har ikke fått den i orden enda. Har skiftet sensor og fekk låne en tank av en kamerat og prøvde med den uten at det hjalp meg. Alarm går ved 4000 omdreininger og turtallsperra slår inn. Tar av til 3700 og da går alt normalt. Når problemet oppstod tok jeg master reset på smartcraften, skulle kanskje ikke gjort det. Kan det være at det ikke er calibrert lenger som gjere at det ikke funke som det skal?

There is no re-calibration for the oil system in the Smartcraft Gauge. If you have a sender in the reserve oil tank it just reads it by default. How do you know the borrowed oil tank was good?

Hei.

If you are getting the Throttle Down message then its the oil sensor, I had this fault last week on a boat in the workshop. If you disconnect the plug with two wires just under the oil tank at the rear on the right side where the oil pipe comes out and bypass the sensor by putting a loop of wire across the harness and if the message disappears then its the sensor for sure. Its easy to change as its held by just one screw and sits in a closed tube in the bottom of the tank so it won't leak when you take it out, its easier if you remove the right side lower cowling so you don' t need to remove the tank.
One other thing that could give you similar symptons is the neutral microswitch which sits on the right side of the gear shift mechanism under the front of the powerhead, again you can test by bypassing it at its connector near the microswitch, this lets the ECU know when you are in gear and allows full rpm, which you won't get in neutral. Let me know how you get on and I can send you the part numbers if you find the fault.

Back