Logo

Need help correctly identifying my motor .

I was told when I bought it at a flea market that it was a 1926 Johnson , that's all you usually get at a flea market . I gave $20.00 for it and hauled it home . I did find the model #-OA 60 on the starter rope pulley which indicates a different model / year / hp rating . Would pictures help ? I did post a short video on my youtube channel . (No , I'm not saying what it is unless asked , I'm not here to advertise. The timing plate has the handle broken off , the water pump is missing and so is the muffler . I'm going to need a few parts!!!

Thanks . Are you just going by the model# or is it possible that this pulley was taken off of a later engine ? Waiting to hear from the seller , but I'm just confused . A few other parts are missing , and I have to be sure what model I have . Thanks again for your help.

QA-60 is 1932 johnson 3hp. I doubt the flywheel has been swapped info/parts not easy to find. In 1932 the depression closed most manufacturers johnson went into receivership and shortly after ole evinrude/briggs bought johnson and formed the OMC corporation. Good luck on finding parts for that old gem. use 16:1 oil

Back