Logo

remote cable installation

Do both cables need to be channeled between the diamond shaped 1" x 2" piece, and the (apparent) barrel pocket holder attached behind it?
Is the diamond shaped alloy movable, so that I can run the cables through that finger-width gap?
This obstruction is 2" back from the cables' rubber seal, at the 60 hp ELPTO's base.
Thanks for your advice.

cable_path.jpg

Do both cables need to be channeled between the diamond shaped 1" x 2" piece, and the (apparent) barrel pocket holder attached behind it?
Is the diamond shaped alloy movable, so that I can run the cables through that finger-width gap?
This obstruction is 2" back from the cables' rubber seal, at the 60 hp ELPTO's base.
Thanks for your advice.

cable_path.jpg

Removing 2 bolts holding the barrel pockets assembly to the engine base let me see that the 'diamond' shaped piece could be rotated clockwise from port side perspective.
Now I'm sure I can attach the cables.

Right; the top hole is slotted so the 'diamond shaped piece' can be rotated out of the way for the cables to be installed.

Warning! This design, and the one that angles out of the way, need to be zip tied in place. Why? So they can't pop open on you. Imagine screaming along at WOT and having the throttle cable jump out!

Jeff

Back