Logo

2007 honda 15hp manual start

Cadman

I was checking the oil on my 2007 honda 15hp outboard the other day and found this laying in the bottom of the motor , cant seem to see where it goes can anyone help me out on this ? Its about a 1 inch round concave steel mesh piece , i cant fiqure out how to post pic !

Last edited:
They all fall out eventually from vibration wearing away the keeper tabs. You can try Mike's method or mine if you like it.

I've done a bunch by using a #4 or #6 sheet metal screw to "wedge" it in place and keep it there.

Hang the mesh back in it's spot and then screw the sheet metal screw into case at the bottom of the mesh ring at a 45 degree downward angle. This sort of wedges the screen in place.

You don't really want to use glue or silicon because the crankcase vent delivers oil and gas vapors to the box and those will break adhesives down quickly.

If you come up with an ingenious method for doing this chore, let us know.

Oh, and you could buy a new muffler box with a new screen and tabs but way more Cocos and vibration will have that one worn down too eventually.

Good luck.

They all fall out eventually from vibration wearing away the keeper tabs. You can try Mike's method or mine if you like it.

I've done a bunch by using a #4 or #6 sheet metal screw to "wedge" it in place and keep it there.

Hang the mesh back in it's spot and then screw the sheet metal screw into case at the bottom of the mesh ring at a 45 degree downward angle. This sort of wedges the screen in place.

You don't really want to use glue or silicon because the crankcase vent delivers oil and gas vapors to the box and those will break adhesives down quickly.

If you come up with an ingenious method for doing this chore, let us know.

Oh, and you could buy a new muffler box with a new screen and tabs but way more Cocos and vibration will have that one worn down too eventually.

That is the part im talking about , thanks fellas

Anpther question since this is my first 4 stroke motor, i do alot of duck hunting and hunt in some very cold weather , how do they do in these conditions , it seems a little cold blooded now when its warm out ? Just asking ??

Back