Logo

Yamaha 25hp 4 stroke bogging down

Thelureman

My engine starts great and runs at idle speed but bogges down on open throttle. Have replaced fuel filter and tank. Fresh gas (93 octane). Rebuilt the carburetor and still having issues. Any help for me?

Did you check the spark and compression? Also need to check the fuel lines. Check all lines for leaks. Check the fuel pump and fuel pressure to. Did you sync the carbs after rebuilding?

Did you check the spark and compression? Also need to check the fuel lines. Check all lines for leaks. Check the fuel pump and fuel pressure to. Did you sync the carbs after rebuilding?
I have not messed with it this winter. I found out that if I held my hand over the carb intake, it ran fine. Not sure what that does to cause it run ok.

How was the carburetor cleaned?

A motor bogging down in usually indicative of insufficient gasoline. Trying misting a bit of gasoline into the air intake just about the time that it would start to bog down. If it picks up and runs that is telling you that the carburetor is not doing its job.

How was the carburetor cleaned?

A motor bogging down in usually indicative of insufficient gasoline. Trying misting a bit of gasoline into the air intake just about the time that it would start to bog down. If it picks up and runs that is telling you that the carburetor is not doing its job.
Ok, thanks

Back