Logo

Trim sender, limit switch connection question.

Jaybird88

I am replacing the trim sender & limiter on 1988 Alpha One, gen 1. I noticed that there is purple mark on the original wire for the sender that matches the purple wire in the engine compartment. The new wire does not have such a purple mark. There are no marks on the the limiter wires. Question: As there are 2 wires connecting each trim unit to its counterpart in the engine compartment, does it matter which wire is connected for each unit? I am thinking that since they are switches, it does not matter. What is your opinion?

You should find the one marked T.S. has a bullet and a ring connector, the one marked T.L. has 2 bullet connectors
one is a variable resistor TS, and the other is the on-off switch TL

This is an after market trim set. Both trim units have bullet ends on all wires. A ring adapter is included for the connection to the pump. The wires are all black, no code markings. No indication as to which wire connects to which????

This is an after market trim set. Both trim units have bullet ends on all wires. A ring adapter is included for the connection to the pump. The wires are all black, no code markings. No indication as to which wire connects to which????

The limit switch has two male ends and the sender has one male and one female end. On the sender the female goes to ground.

On the limit the wires can plug in to any of the two female connectors.

I get what you are saying, BUT, the starboard trim sender has"male" bullets on both wire ends. The original wires have a dab of purple on one wire which disconnected from a wire harness with a purple wire in it. The new sender does not have a color code as to which wire goes in the connection with the purple wire. Am I correct in assuming that it does not matter which male bullet goes in either female connector?

On the port trim limit there are two wires one has a male bullet end, the other has a female bullet end. The kit contains two short jumper wires with eyelet ends to connect to the pump. The other ends of the jumper wire have a male and female end to connect the wires. There is no indication which jumper wire goes on which screw on the pump.

Did you ever find out which wire goes where on the limit switch? As you well know it has two male connectors and no marking... Thanks!

Back