Logo

old tohatsu M70a

wonnie

hi
i a newby and this is my first post and i have just made a big mistake i have brought a old m70a motor i was told that the only thing wrong with the motor was that it need a water pump kit its a(m70a 1979)
so i contacted the dealers and was put thought to a dealer in NSW Australia that might have the parts i require and was told that i was flogging a dead horse as the part are no longer available
now thats a real problem as i have a grandson who wants to learn how to fish and the motor was a replacement for one that was playing up
is nthere anyone that can help me out or put me in the right direction to find these parts or is there a aftermarket water pump kit that i can by
:rolleyes:

picked u a impella on ebay right part number all
could have found a winner will know when it arrives next week
used the neptune part catolug to find the part number
thanks for the help most apreacheated
ronnie

[h=5]IMPELLER : 45A2 ~ 70A2[/h]
impelleronly.jpg

DescriptionImpeller only.

Fits:

45A2, 50C, 55B, 60A, 70A & 70A2 2-stroke models

Part #: 353650210M
List Price (MSRP): $38.50

Still available new.

well i have the empeller fitted it and it still wont pump water
i have stripped the pump and used sillicon gasket gue for the gaskets and cleaned all services
it still wont pump water
disconected the tell tail from the block and its blowing air only
what have i done wong
i then flushed the motor by conecting a hose to the motor water pump outlet pipe and its not blocked
i then flushed the bottom of the leg and its working ok
it still wont pump water
the impeller is the right one by part number its the right one
it still wont pump
i am suffed
wonnie

Do you have the key installed? Is the water pipe inserted in the grommet?

Last edited:
yes the water pipe is connected to the grommet i have greased the grommet and seen grease on the pipe so they are connecting
i have the key installed and there is some rubber like gunge in the impeller on the key
i have been wondering if the shaft is turning with out the impella turning as well
that the only answer i have
can the key be warn or how do i make it tighter on the sharft
thanks any the help
wonnie

hi
well water pump is now working problem with the pin i think
well pumping water out through bottom drain hole witch tells me that the pipe connection to the motor is not connecting
am wondering if i can fit and extension to the pipe to connect to the pump using copper pipe will try tomorrow
wonnie
ps i am wondering if this is all worth it

disconnected the tell tail and no water is coming out of the heads
water is coming out of the lower crank case some were as water is coming from the bottom of the motor well around the engin
if i plug the water coming from the water leg side the water will come out of the top exhaust but now were else

Back