Logo

Honda Outboard Gasline

orangeTANG

Wondering if there are any aftermarket fuel hoses with primer bulb for Honda 25HP outboards that are small diameter and flexible like the factory original Honda one, just cheaper. I have both the original that came with my Honda 15HP and an aftermarket for the 25HP and the aftermarket is larger in diameter, feels quite stiff and clunky in comparison.

I wouldn't even ask the question and I'd just go pick up a Honda one, but they seem to be $100+ in Canada.

You could go to a boat dealer and see what kind of hose they sell by the foot.
They might have the nice flexible stuff.

Then buy the ends and bulb or use the ends and bulb from the hose you don't like.
Just make sure the new hose has the same diameter or you can adapt it.

Larger diameter on the suction side of the pump is ok. Actually, larger diameter is desirable as opposed to too small.

So, if you find a larger diameter hose that is as flexible as you want and rated for gasoline, grab it up and do as alumarine suggests.

Hopefully you have a local outboard or marine center near you? I have Honda 225's and replace fuel lines and primer bulbs with generic off the shelf replacements. They've been fine for the last year or so.

Hopefully you have a local outboard or marine center near you? I have Honda 225's and replace fuel lines and primer bulbs with generic off the shelf replacements. They've been fine for the last year or so.

Ya, plenty of aftermarket available here, however I find the hoses are made of a different material, are thicker and nowhere near as flexible as the Honda OEM hose. My question was whether there were any aftermarket hoses that were made with similar materials. For the $20 difference I'll probably just pick up the Honda hose.

Ended up getting a Honda original (17700-ZW9-030) from my local Honda Dealer for $62 CAD. That's cheaper than the aftermarket ones would have cost once I added the two connectors.

Silly me, I guess I should have called Honda to begin with.

Back