Logo

Honda BF9.9AK

Drm

Hi
Has anybody got a short shaft water tube not in engine they can take a picture of and post it, Im'e in the process of converting a long shaft model into a short shaft.
I have all the other pieces but im'e having trouble finding the tube, so I want to cut down the origional one so I would like some sort of pattern to work to.
Drm

Thank jgmo
I have the long shaft water tube from the engine, i need to shorten it by about 5" this is why i need a picture of the short shaft tube.
If you have a look at any of the 9.9 water tubes on boats.net they are all the same picture they just use different part numbers.
Again many thanks.
Drm

I can't help but think the difference between the 2 would be the short tube would be 5" shorter (if 5" is the difference) where it goes into the water pump.
That's just a guess though.

I don't think it can be shorter at the top.

I thought you wanted to buy a new one since you wrote "I'm having trouble finding the tube, so I want to cut down the original",

And alumarine makes a good point about not shortening the top at all. And if you look at the depiction of it on boats.net you probably don't want to cut anything off of the lower end either.
Both ends have a seal "perch"/stop that keeps the tube from leaking.

That only leaves one option for shortening the tube. If it's cut in the center....someplace....it would need to be tig welded or mechanically "sleeved" and clamped. And, I'm not even sure if the alloy composition of the tube is weldable.

Good luck.

Back