Logo

2002 BF225. What size fuel pick up tube to feed two engines.

Nasty Wendy

Regular Contributor
Ok so I'm having to chase a problem and I have the chance to change my fuel pick up tube. The current tube is 5/16" Stainless tubing. Is this adequate? I installed it out of necessity at the time but I have the chance to correct it if it is to small. What size does a pair of these engines call for. The tube will feed both engines.

I honestly don't know. But it seems the bigger the better. Once fuel gets to the VST the volume of fuel is controlled by the VST and HP pump.

I honestly don't know. But it seems the bigger the better. Once fuel gets to the VST the volume of fuel is controlled by the VST and HP pump.

Yeah you can find specs on the HP pump but good luck finding anything on the LP pump. The volume that the LP pump moves would dictate the size pick up needed but I can't find any info on that.

I just sized up generic (for boats) plastic fuel pick up tubes and made one out of stainless that size. I have not called honda yet so maybe that should become one of the first things I do . LOL.

Back