Logo

1999 90 hp Force Fuel Line/pump

james775

90 hp Force.jpg
Does anyone know how the fuel line runs from inside the motor (at the end of the fuel line assembly from the gas can) to #1 nipple in the attached drawing? My engine has the nipple at 9 o'clock but this picture has it at 12 o'clock position. Do I just need to rotate it to make it look like the picture? Is there a part number for this hose or do i just use a 5/16 fuel line? The reason why I ask is because at the 9 o'clock position the fuel line has to make an immediate 90 degree bend and is very difficult to get the hose on there as there is something blocking it. I thought there would be a pre-formed hose for this.
Also, if you could confirm the fuel hose size. The nipple seems to be 5/16 but the fuel that I have is 3/8". Is there supposed to be a reducer as well as an in-line fuel filter?
Thanks,
James

You can turn the pump to make the hose fit.
If the fuel line is the wrong size, you can put a reducer in line.
But if that pump came off of there? how did the hose change size??

You can turn the pump to make the hose fit.
If the fuel line is the wrong size, you can put a reducer in line.
But if that pump came off of there? how did the hose change size??

I'm not sure when the change happened. I think one of the mechanics I've hired in the past jerry-rigged it. I'm not so sure by placing this in the 12 o'clock position it makes it any better. Is it supposed to just be regular fuel line hose off the shelf or is it a formed hose with 90 degree bend in it?

Back