Logo

2011 Etec 30HP No water flow from Water Pump Indicator?

shanenest

No water from the Water Pump indicator. Someone told me to try removing the thermostat to see if I had water flow there & I do. Even more flow through the thermostat with a bit of throttle. Any ideas? Maybe a blockage in the line somewhere? How would I go about finding that?

Thanks in advance.

Probably a blockage within indicator line and/or fittings involved with it. This has been a common issue throughout modern Outboards.

Probably a blockage within indicator line and/or fittings involved with it. This has been a common issue throughout modern Outboards.

Thanks for the reply.

How do you go about finding the blockage? with the cover removed I cannot seem to get to the hoses.

It seems like the lower cover has to be removed to find the block in the hose. Is that what is recommended? Any tips on removal of the lower cover?

Sorry, lost the thread. Maybe you can carefully blow some air backwards into the indicator port. Then you may know that when it opens up, everything is okay except some debris in the line. I personally have never took one of these apart to clean yet.

I finally got it cleared. Had to split the lower cover open and try each hose. Fortunately the clog was near the tell tale.

Thanks for the help!

Back