Logo

Bilge Pump mounting suggestions?

am_dew

Advanced Contributor
The bilge in my boat is under the engine and there is very little space on either side to squueze even the smallest bilge pump in and out of that area. Right now I am using a cylindrical Rule 500 GPH pump. I do not have it mounted, rather I simply push it under the rear of the oil pan, right in front of the transom plug hole, where there is about a 1/16" less space than the pump is tall and I am able to squeeze it in. I would love to find a better mounting solution that offers me the ability to service the pump. I have read and read about all different kinds of mounting options but none of them seem ideal for this situation. I am thinking that perhaps adding some kind of bracket to the side of the bilge might be the best, but am wondering if it's important that the pump be in the center of the bilge as aft as possible? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Attachments

• DSC00025.jpg
    DSC00025.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
A bilge pump does not remove 100% of the water anyways unless it is in a sump type setup. You can probably just mount on the side as far aft as possible where you have easy access for service it will remove the same amount of water as the boat is flopping around anyways.

Back