Logo

Help with connecting wiring

felga

Hi

I recently bought my 1st boat, it`s a Hustler 14ft with 60HP Mariner PTT and electric start , 3 cylinder, 2 stroke , oil injected, No 0D055035

I have few issues with it :

1. There are 2 wires inside the engine that are not connected , one is TAN and other is Brown-White

21076614_2049581761936532_1976859498_n.jpg

2. There is TAN wire not connected to anything on outlet side of accessory plug by Commander 2000.
20170823_200036.jpg

3. I have 2 wires coming from controller and going to dash but not connected TAN-BLUE and BROWN WHITE
20170823_200025.jpg

I would like to wire a radio and lights, but I cannot understand how the system works. I know that it has a stator and rectifier. Is the rectifier regulated on this model? According to manual it should be regulated (serial no D000750 - ON )

That means is will produce 12v charge at 9A at 3000rpm, do i need a separate cable to battery to charge it ? Or it uses same Positive (+) that runs from battery to motor ?

Also I`d like to have an accessory battery but chargeable from the engine (Im thinking about 5-10AH AGM ). If I run only positive cable from main battery to front and use negative to connect accessories, will the battery charge just via positive wire ? It should in theory be connected Positive to Positive and negative to Negative to charge i guess ?

Thank You for help , I`d like to slip the boat this weekend but want to wire it before

Andrew

I think you need to consult a professional electrician who can help you in connecting the wires of your motor. Moreover, you can even get all your doubts clear regarding the wires which can help you to repair it by your own if you came across such situation again. Some of the professionals I know are Electricians Chester Springs PA, Schumann Electric, Haller Enterprises and Chester Electrician. You can refer any of them or can even consult the expert you known from your area. Hope this works for you.

I don't remember which wire is which, but one of the wires is for a tach and the other is for a tilt position gauge. You should be able to find a schematic online for your motor.

Good Luck

I don't remember which wire is which, but one of the wires is for a tach and the other is for a tilt position gauge. You should be able to find a schematic online for your motor.

Good Luck

Thanks

I have already sorted the wiring

Tan cable was just spare, I used it to install rear white nav light on the back of outboard

The green is I think trim gauge but I dont have one at the moment just trim it by view

download_20170918_092516.jpgdownload_20170828_084802.jpg

I used the boat already for few weekends and have insurance and license now to keep it at the marina

The tan wire is for your temperature gauge.
The tan/blue wire is from you low oil warning module and temperature sender.I suggest you take the 12V+ for your light from a purple and have a fuse inline.
The brown/white stripe is trim indicator to gauge.
Purple should be used for 12V+,lights,radios,etc. etc.
http://gfretwell.com/electrical/merc_color_code.pdf Check this chart out

Back