Logo

1969 Crusader model 210 hp

gwolf79

I have recently become the steward of the family's 1969 Lyman 22' sleeper. It is powered by Crusader Challenger model RH 210, serial #15449. I can not find any information, parts breakdown, owner's or service manuals for this model. It is very similar to the model 220 based on the Chevy 305 block. It is different in the ignition system, the 210 uses Delco single point that hag the distributor cap with the window to adjust dwell. I am concerned about a formed hose that connects the transmission oil cooler to the thermostat housing. It turns 90 degrees and reduces it's diameter. It is also 48 years old. I would either like to find a replacement hose or install the model 220 transmission oil cooler that uses straight hose. Any help or information on the 210 model or the oil cooler swap would be greatly appreciated.

Probably built off a GM 307 production build as they were 'new' back then....

as far as documentation, our site host probably has the best selection of data - check this page:
http://www.marineengine.com/manuals/crusader/index.html

You may want to call the 800 number if you want more details on what they have available.

I'd be worried about the the 'windowed' distributor as it isn't marine rated and represents a safety concern.

regarding the cooling hose, there's nothing magical about "marine hoses"....a good auto parts store can probably find you a functional equivalent part. You could also go thru a hose OEM catalog (like Gates) to see what's available. a final alternative would be to just use straight hose and make the angles/reductions out of metal or plastic fittings.....

I would say it like this, the Model 210 is built using the 307 cubic inch small block....if I remember correctly, they were only made for a few years.

I have 2 of these I just rebuilt for my boat. You will not find that molded hose that goes from the top of the oil cooler. However, you can use an oil cooler that has the normal tapered top and bottom. I was able to find a reducer coupler that worked. IMG_0442.jpg

Thanks for the info and picture! The engine in the Lyman is raw water cooled, so the hose goes directly to the thermostat housing. Did you use the oil cooler from the 220 hp model? Did the oil lines from the transmission line up with your new oil cooler? Where did you put the reducer coupler?

Seakamp makes a 5" oil cooler with 3/8" opening for the solid lines coming from the trans, with 1" openings for water lines. Right now I have the original on there with the large opening on the top end. I found a reducer that brought it down to 1 1/4, then used copper lines from there. Don't like it though. Just going to replace with a normal one that will have a 1" on top and bottom.

Back