Logo

Chrysler Sea King 15hp

tjustice

Yes I have a Chrysler Sea King 15hp and having problems dialing in the carb. I put it in the drum and I get it to idle and run great. Put it in gear and prop turns and it idles great without cutting off. Get to lake and it will not go full speed with WOT. Any answers as to what's going on?
Also this is my model number and stuff.
VWB 52119E Serial# 48X 30664

Where do these new serial numbers come from and how can I find out which one was assigned to my serial number ? makes it hard to find parts when everyone wants a serial number and I can't give it to them.

Thanks

The #s you gave VWB etc. is for Sea King.
Even though Chrysler made it, it's still a Sea King.
FranzMarine or Mastertechmarine can get the parts for those #s

kimcrwbr1 gave you something you can use.

Yes thanks. I found out how to get parts and parts numbers.

Does anyone have a answer to the WOT problem ? I have rebuilt the carb. Replaced all the fuel lines. rebuilt the fuel pump. Put new spark plugs in and also a new impeller. But put it in the tank and get it purring like a kitten and go to the lake and crank it and it runs fine. But when I go to WOT it want go and just bogs down ?
Any Answers or suggestions.

There is a mark on the throttle cam you want the carb to just begin to open as that mark passes center of the roller on the throttle lever. I am not sure how you make that adjustment.

Cutting out at wide open: fuel pump, fuel lines collapsing(ethanol), the tank vent closed, bad coil, float not set right, reeds broken/missing.

Thanks. Sorry it took so long to get back. I'm gonna see if I see what your talking about when it gets a little warmer here LOL

fuel pump rebuilt, reeds are fine. New hoses put on all the way to tank. Float is where it's supposed to be. How would you go about testing coil ? Oh I have ran it with the fuel tank vent closed and open. Still the same results. Thanks

I'll check that out. Put new plugs on it and when I replaced them they looked fine. There was no wet fuel on the plugs. Idling it runs perfect so I never checked on a spark plug not firing.

Yes it has ran wide open before.
New impeller
old motor on old boat
no new set up
Use to before the speed was about 20-25 mph now when in WOT it's about 8-12 mph

Do you have any information on how to sync or where things should be. I received email from walbro carburetors and they said carb discontinued model. Asked if there was a replacement to change it and they said no.

On the throttle cam under the points plate is a mark. Line the mark center of the follower roller and the carb should be fully closed and just begin to open as the mark passes center of the roller. I dont know how to make that happen.

Usually you don't need a new carb.
99% of the time a cleaning works.

You do a compression test?
Spark test?

Any fuel coming back through the front of the carb? (reeds)

The fuel line connectors have rubber seals in them.
They can go bad and suck air under load.
Try hooking direct to the carb and see if it helps?

have a new tank I have not got to try yet. Also all the hoses from rebuilt fuel pump to the carburetor to the tank are all new.
Yes if you pump the primer bulb until it gets hard usually 1 more little squeeze let's a little fuel come out of front of carburetor.
I'm going to get tester from auto shop and check compression next.

it's something to do with fuel supply to carburetor or something. I have messed with the thing that you can move on top of carburetor and got it to go WOT but if I adjust it, it don't help.

Back