Logo

225 tilt trim plug?

trx125

Contributing Member
I need the female plug that goes on the wiring harness for the tilt trim switch inside the motor cowling. The switch stuck and the motor came down and continued running and overheated the plug and burn one of the female pins inside the plug. I need the female plug so I can splice the plug back in and get the tilt trim working again. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Can you imagine how many 225hp engines Yamaha has produced in its 30+ years of producing outboards, including different models for each year?? I can. A lot, that's how many. So let's start over. What's the year and model number of your engine.

To my knowledge the plastic harness is not a replaceable part. You'd have to replace the entire T/T switch assembly. Part # 69J-82563-01-00, which will cost around $45-$50. Another option if available in your area, is find a marine surplus store that has broke down engines. Take the old harness with you to compare, find a yamaha V6 engine, and either cut off the harness or take out the entire switch assembly.

I have already replaced the switch. I need the female side that goes on to the wiring harness. Thanks.

I believe you're referring to the engine side PT/T harness. And again, I don't believe the 4-pin harness itself is sold separate from the main wire harness.

Back