Logo

Need recommendation for anti-corrosive spray for a 90 Honda going to be in salt water for 3 months

hondadude

Outstanding Contributor
As the title says...

I have a customer who is taking a fairly new Honda 90 on a workboat to saltwater for a job for three months.

Being in a fresh water area, we only use light weight stuff.

I would like to spray something on the motor before he picks it up.

I know I will get many different replies....but bring them on.

Most of you have more experience with the ocean and her fury than I.

Thanks.

Mike

I think Corrosion X and Boeshield T-9 are very similar products. I've never used the Beoshield. I can attest to the effectiveness of Corrosion X on preventing rust and corrosion. I just wish I had known about it when I first got my engine.

Mercury/Quicksilver Parts * Corrosion Guard - 11 OZ 92-802878Q55

A rust inhibitor that forms a water-resistant barrier on non-painted and painted surfaces. Use to prevent rust from forming on out drives, lower units and power trim motors and components or other metal surfaces. Can also be used to prevent further paint damage in areas where undercutting and blistering have occurred. Do not spray on surfaces coated with antifouling or biocide paint. Do not spray on drive belts.

Crc heavy duty crossion inhibitor also lays down a film.
Between crc, starbrite and 303 ive found most of what i need to maintain my boat

No anti corrosion spray is needed. If you must, uses CRC marine heavy duty corrosion inhibitor. Apply to the steer bracket and very lightly to some of the under cowling area.

Back