Logo

Need help with fault codes on Mercruiser PCM 09

Blackhawktech

I have a 2014 Monterey 204 with 4.3 V6 mpi ECT engine. Since purchasing the boat used I have had some issues with the alarm sounding. I finally bought a Rinda technologies scan tool. I scanned the boat and it had five faults. SPN 3222 count=3 exhaust -1 , O2 sensor-1, SPN 3232 count=3 Exhaust -1 O2 sensor -2 heater , SPN- 3261 count=2 exhaust-2 O2 sensor -01 heater, 3271 count=2 exhaust -2 , O2 sensor -2 heater. It seems that I may have a bad O2 sensor. One was reading alot higher static that the other three. Any help would be appreciated.

first off, good idea getting the RInda tool....would also suggest getting the Mercruiser service data...which should be cheaper than the Rinda package but is complementary.

I haven't invested in the mercruiser PCM-09 data as there hasn't been a need. I do have another OEM's service data and they use different SPNs for the O2 sensors but with similar spacings and descriptors. given that there are MULTIPLE (if not ALL) O2 sensors showing issues, I'd really be inclined to look for a common shred connection being the root cause.

I have a wiring issue with the fourteen pin plug on top of the motor. I got that fiqured out, Maybe I should clear a the active faults and run the boat again. Maybe it will give me more information.

I went out and ran the boat for four hours this weekend. I never got a fault code for the O2 sensors again. The only code it is giving now is the one for water pressure. I am assuming the impeller may need replacing. As far as I now it's never been replaced.

Back