Logo

Delco EST module

Mike29

Contributing Member
MakoMark,
Read thru some threads here about the EST dist. I believe my portside 454's module is dead as I get the lower RPM's when I energize the timing jumper but when I disconnect it timing jumps to 14 degrees and stays there all the way to 3500 RPM. I read about the modules you purchase that are timed at 14 deg BTDC but then give you 32 at full advance. Was wondering if you could shed some light on where one may purchase these as all I'm finding local are the Sierra branded ones. Are these OK? Anyone with any knowledge feel free to chime in here also. Really love how my boat runs with these distributors just want the advance to work LoL. I guess I should say I tried setting the timing at 8 and 10 degrees but timing advances only to 12 and 14 respectively.

The correct GM ICM is GM10482830 which crosses to Crusader R116014. You can also try having your ICM bench tested at Auto Zone although the results may not be decisive. Good Luck.
FL Panhandle

mike:

the modules on my 461's are Tbolt -IV HP modules... The EST modules I've bought are for "customer's". The GM part(s) should be fine and mullet is usually on top of this. The Sierra ones may/may not be servicable, I haven't touched on since the latest round of acquisitions. The big thing is to make sure you get 'full advance' and it sounds like you aren't seeing on on one engine.

Back