Logo

force tilt trim relays

ponytl

seems most all force engines with tilt trim will have a relay issue at some point... I've HAD MY SHARE... tapping on the relay will often get it to work again once or twice... you can switch the relays as usually only one fails at a time IF you are in a situation where you have to get the engine up or down for use or trailer right then... there are some cheap made in china relays that will work for a minute then fail... there is one guy on ebay that sells them in pairs that are new old stock for like $20 for the pair... sorry i don't have a link but if you search "Force tilt trim relay" you should find him he has been selling them for years I fixed 2 boats with one pair I used the 2 new ones on one boat and then paired up the 2 good used ones I had for the other... so fixed each boat 4 $10 (I'm cheap) and being cheap bit me... i bought just one off ebay that was made in china and it lasted 2 trips out...
if your tilt trim motor works just up or just down chances are it is the relay... BOTH relays have to be in place for it to work at all.. stupid i know but that is how it is on mine anyway
just thought I would pass on what little i know since I have been reading this forum to keep my stuff running and never contributing

My trim control is a mirco switch i can operate with my thumb in my controls... yeah 36 ft of 8ga wire proper terminals a 50amp momentary waterproof dp switch. wire ties, drilling some holes, and a couple hours.... yeah thanks that is a great idea ... I said I was cheap not a masochist

Just putting out information like you did??

You posted this> BOTH relays have to be in place for it to work at all..
But before that you wrote this>
you can switch the relays as usually only one fails at a time IF you are in a situation where you have to get the engine up or down for use

What statement is true?? #2

Just putting out there what I know.

Back