Logo

2008 Bf225 not peeing strong

Lucky Catch

I'm thinking my line to the nozzle that pees water is getting plugged. I noticed the stream of water is less than usual. I did the pump this spring. It is not overheating. Also when I try to flush, I'm not getting much water out of the pee hole. What is he best way to clean? Thanks in advance

When mine gets plugged its right at the discharge hole, run a small wire in and out of there an inch or so while flushing and the culprit usually comes out.

Often you can run a piece of string cleaner (or 300 lb) monofiliment right up the discharge hole and it will clear it. If that doesn't work, then you need to remove the cowling and get to where the hose connects to the block and clean out the nipple where the hose connects.

Thanks, I will give it a try this weekend. I keep the boat on a trailer, so I will pull off the cowling, disconnect the hose, and see what it looks like.

If the engine temp is now also lower than normal you may have a stuck open thermostat.
Happened to me. Pulled one thermostat and it was stuck open. Changed both thermostats in my 250 and all returned to normal.

Back