Logo

FOUND!... a supplier for flybridge wind shield/screens..

centerline

Regular Contributor
I have been waiting months (thats months, with an S) for the windscreen I ordered from a certain florida company to be queued in for manufacture. the emails from them only say they are running behind schedule (my last email was not even replied to).. and no projected date of manufacture or delivery.
this is such BAD customer service regardless of the reasons.

so I continued my search for someone who could make a new windscreen for my boat (which is a 1989 so its not available from bayliner any longer), I found Midi Marine 425-883-4600 this morning and called them. it was a much simpler process than dealing with the florida company. I just told them my year and model of boat, and placed my order... they said about 10days lead time on it... probably sooner but the guy who molds the plastics was not in when I called...
then, an email confirmation with the cost and estimated shipping... I had to reply to confirm my order and send them a check for payment in full (they dont do visa transactions)... now I wait....

from my experience, I would steer well clear of the florida plastics company until they decide customer service is important to the customer....

another option may be Ocean Dynamics 305-883-4600...

BTW, Midi Marine used to be the exclusive manufacture of all the windscreens for many brands of boats that used them, so they have molds for many models.. in the past few years, in an attempt to retire, they have downsized and dont do commercial work anymore, but still do the custom stuff...

Back