Logo

O/B Water Pressure Gauge 150 HP

Senior Ron

I would like to install an engine Water Pressure Gauge at the console of my boat. Where is the connection
made on the engine ? ( Honda 150 HP O/B ). Who can advise......

It depends on the serial number of your motor.

There is a small water access plug (about 1/4 inch in diameter) located on the starboard side in base of the thermostat housing or it is located just below and to the left of the oil filter.

It can be removed with a 5 mm hex wrench. You will need a NPTF/BSPT ADAPTERP/N 19271-ZY3-000AH and a 1/8" NPT BRASSHOSE BARBFITTING.

Mike

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the info...My serial number is BANJ1301614. Would you know where my connection is located with this number.
Is this job easy to do in the water or should I wait until season is over.

Thanks, Ron

Yours should be located on the thermostat housing....starboard side. Yes, it probably can be done on the water. It all depends how much access you have to the engine.

If you tilt the engine up all the way, you should be able to do install the nipple without a lot of difficulty. You will then have to route the tubing through the grommet (where all the cables are going through....unfortunately, that is where you would have to remove the cover that retains the cables.....there are screws and bolts that like to jump into the water. You have to cut a small access to the hold in the grommet for the tube to be pulled through....then you have to route it up to your helm and the water pressure gauge.

Personally, if I were going to be on the boat, I would want to be on the water and save the work for after the boat comes out of the water. Just my opinion.

Mike

Thanks Mike for the info but I have a problem. This engine has a double thermostat with a spacer plate between T-Stat housing and cover plate. There are two (2) temp. sensors on starboard side of housing but no other tappings on T-Stat housing. I looked before in the area of the oil filter (below and to left as you directed) no sign of any plugged tappings.
Serial number again is BANJ1301614 2010 150HP

Hi Mike......I have examined entire starboard side of engine down to the oil dipstick area and all is accessible.
No sign of any plugged tappings . Only area not accessible is forward of starter motor in area where hose flushing fitting is located. Do you have any other suggestion or steps I might take.

Ron

Mike,
Thank you for your assistance, however, I do have one question. It has been suggested that I can Tee into the Tell
Tale water line. To your knowledge is this advisable and doable.

Thanks, Ron

It is probably doable, but the reading will probably have lower pressure. That is why I did not suggest it. Although....it is probably better than nothing.

Mike

Back