Logo

Need help understanding the motor ID number from my boat

Hitechman94

Hello community. I recently bought a nice 2001 18" runabout open bow with 4.3L and Alpha 1 drive Gen II with 1.81 ratio. I need to order a service manual and I need to be able to purchase parts. I finally found the motor serial number. I have looked at a few charts online and I can't seem to figure out how to interpret my serial number to a number that confirms which 4.3L motor I have. Can someone assist? The metal tag on my engine reads: Mercury Mercruiser M069136.

I also found the following on the top of the engine GM 4.3L 1099090M I am including pictures

I appreciate any help. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6851.jpg
    IMG_6851.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6852.jpg
    IMG_6852.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 36
The top one is the mecruiser SERIAL number and is essential to get the correct parts

the other is the GM casting number ....

The outdrive should also have a serial number, for getting those parts.....

A dealer cant tell you which manual(s) are needed or you can serch the www for the service amnual index....

The top one is the mecruiser SERIAL number and is essential to get the correct parts

the other is the GM casting number ....

The outdrive should also have a serial number, for getting those parts.....

A dealer cant tell you which manual(s) are needed or you can serch the www for the service amnual index....
This really confuses me. I just went to the Mercruiser webpage and tried to enter my s/n on the support page. Their form requires an 8 digit number. My s/n is only 7 digits long. (M069136) How do you use this number I have to confirm year/model of my engine? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6851.jpg
    IMG_6851.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 31
So, does that mean the motor is specifically a 1998 year motor or that it's in the Series 1998 and up? I really appreciate you providing the information. I'll get a service manual right away.

Back