Logo

1991 3.3 HP Evinrude

jackbombay

As the title says, 3.3 HP evinrude, there is a sticker on the side of the engine cover that looks like it may have said 100:1, but somebody wrote 50:1 over it with a sharpie, so that is what I have been running, but if the motor is fine with 100:1 I'd rather run that.

When I run the motor at 50:1 for a while, then put it on an engine stand in my garage it does drip a teaspoon or so of burnt oil out of the exhaust, not a big deal, but if I can run 100:1 and have it not drip oil after use that is what I'd prefer.

50-1 is the correct mix for your motor.

Thanks!

Thats pretty much what I decided on. I read of numerous motors from that time period for which the owners manual stated 100:1 for "pleasure use" and 50:1 for commercial use, and when I run this motor it is generally wide open for %95 of the time it is running so 50:1 makes more sense for my usage. It also seems that 100:1 also can cause issues with long term storage if the motor isn't "fogged" before storage, where 50:1 leaves enough oil in the bottom end for there to be no rust issues.

Back