Logo

5.7 GSI Injector Problem

Samuel JR

Hello, I am trying to trouble shoot my 1997 volvo Penta 5.7GSI throttle body injectors. i have one injector that works, and the other acts like it is stuck open and delivers to much fuel. If I unplug them and switch the plugs, the bad injector starts working properly, While the other one that did work correctly starts becoming faulty like the other.

Is there a relay, or sending unit that tells them when to open and close and how much other than the ecm?

No... controlled directly by ECM. The rate at which these open and close is so high that only direct electronic control will work.

Hello, I am trying to trouble shoot my 1997 volvo Penta 5.7GSI throttle body injectors. i have one injector that works, and the other acts like it is stuck open and delivers to much fuel. If I unplug them and switch the plugs, the bad injector starts working properly, While the other one that did work correctly starts becoming faulty like the other.

Is there a relay, or sending unit that tells them when to open and close and how much other than the ecm?

Did you ever get this fixed? I'm having the same problem on mine. Thank you

Since there are a few of you guys on this thread that have individual threads going on the same subject might as well keep it all here now. Has anyone checked their fuel pressure? Anyone run fuel system cleaner? Can everyone confirm that they have a fine mist cone of fuel coming out of their injectors? It should not look like a stream. Everyone running a high idle at cold start that drops as the engine temp warms?

I'm far from the best person to answer this, but these are common things you want to be looking for.

Since there are a few of you guys on this thread that have individual threads going on the same subject might as well keep it all here now. Has anyone checked their fuel pressure? Anyone run fuel system cleaner? Can everyone confirm that they have a fine mist cone of fuel coming out of their injectors? It should not look like a stream. Everyone running a high idle at cold start that drops as the engine temp warms?

I'm far from the best person to answer this, but these are common things you want to be looking for.

My engine is always been rich at cold start with rough idling. I've done some parts chasing and it's still pretty consistent. Rich condition at cold start up with rough idling usually throttle up clears out then after warm up it becomes hard to start aka galloping.

Yes all of this has been checked. Engine runs fine on ears. Put it in the water and on a load one injector sticks open. Switch the connectors and the other injector displays the same problem.

Back