Logo

Inboard '95 Mercruiser GM 350 EFI Magnum Skier limited top speed

pwskicat

Regular Contributor
I recently bought a new-to-me 1995 Ski Sanger direct-drive tournament towboat with a Mercruiser GM 350 EFI Magnum Skier V8. It starts and runs fine. None of us skis faster than 30, so I've never taken it to WOT until last night. It topped out at 35mph @ 3500 rpm. The label on the spark arrester says RPM at WOT should be 4400-4800, depending on prop. The boat is bone stock, with the factory 13x13 OJ Legend prop and 350 hours. It "surges" a bit while cruising at 30, with the RPM revving very slightly between 3200-3300. It isn't even enough for my GPS speedo to register a change in speed. Other than this, nothing out of the ordinary. I bought the boat from a party in AZ and had it shipped to MI, so please don't ask why I didn't notice it on a test drive. I had a mechanic in AZ check it out. He gave it the OK, and so far, it works for my purposes. My buddy has the exact same boat in CA and I've driven it at WOT to 43mph. Checked 1:1 Velvet Drive trans fluid, and it's full. Oil pressure and operating temp appear to be normal. I will be checking throttle cable/linkage to make sure it's opening all the way. Any other checks you can give are most appreciated. Remember, its EFI -- no carburetor. Many thanks for yr help, PW

Ayuh,.... Post yer question once, in one forum, not every forum it might fit in,....

Multiple postin' causes confusion,...

Back