Logo

Evinrude 6.5 hp commercial model 7RSB 1986 Service & Repair manual & Help....!

Web-Footed Flyer

Hi, to All of You.

As suspected, I am new to this forum, I would and will appreciate any help for anyone. As the title says I am looking for the above mentionned informations.

This motor has run flawlessly since 1986, changed the plugs twice only, in all these years. Last month coming at the end of a 15 minutes run at full speed (open throttle), it died on me, when I reduced the throttle..... It started up again but would not run at slow speed (throttle).... would run at full throttle for a short period (30 seconds) only. Opened the engine cover : the inside of cover and engine were covered with heavy black oily film (suspect a powerhead gasket leak).

I will need to dismantle this motor, hence the need for a shop manual..... ( I allready have the Seloc manual for 1 & 2 cylinder outboards 1973-89, it does not provide the information, this manual is for recreational engines only)

I thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

Regards

Web-Footed Flyer

There is really no difference between a commercial motor and a recreational model !!-----So the manual you have should be OK to do service work on this motor.------Use the info for the 6 hp or the 8 hp all the same pieces as the 6.5 model.

Thank You : racerone....

Yes you are quite right, most of the parts are the same, the differences is mostly are in the carburator and the ignition system, which has no points for triggering the spark, therefore dismanteling whitout damaging (remember 1986 model... parts availability) and instructions on reassembling are not there. Once again, hence the need for directions. Gaskets and seals are pretty much still available.

Once I get past disassembling whithout damaging, I agree with you it's pretty much copy/paste; so hey, if I goof..... well, I will have learned something.....!!!

G'Day

Web-Footed Flyer

Back