Logo

Need help on replacing u-joint bellow on AQ270

Archer112

I have a Volvo penta aq120b with an aq270 outdrive. I'm going to pull the upper gear to replace the u-joint bellow and I've read in forums that I need to replace o-rings, fwd and aft seals and PDS bearings. I'm new to outdrives so I have no idea where all these parts are located or what they look like. I also can't find anything labeled PDS bearing in the IPC for my outdrive. Does anyone have pics or more specific info on where these parts are located and where to order them from?

I have a Volvo penta aq120b with an aq270 outdrive. I'm going to pull the upper gear to replace the u-joint bellow
That would be the transmission.

and I've read in forums that I need to replace o-rings, fwd and aft seals and PDS bearings.
You should be looking at the OEM service or work shop manual.
Yes.... O-rings should never be re-used.
Your OHC 4 cylinder engine PDS is single bearing. This PDS can be removed from AFT w/o pulling the engine.

I'm new to out drives so I have no idea where all these parts are located or what they look like. I also can't find anything labeled PDS bearing in the IPC for my out drive. Does anyone have pics or more specific info on where these parts are located and where to order them from?
Your PDS is the splined shaft that joins the Engine's "drive coupler" to the transmission's "Universal Drive Shaft".
Your single PDS bearing will be an Industry Standard 6206.

Attachments

• PDS both styles single and double bearing 4 .jpg
    PDS both styles single and double bearing 4 .jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Back