Logo

Johnson/Evinrude experts only!!!

tdreinhardt

Please bare with me on this one, I have researched different manuals and other avenues to no avail, so this one is for the true techs! I have 3 motors, all are 1972 Johnson/Evinrude 65HP w/ Hydro-Electric Drive, basically completely identical mechanically. My goal is to utilize all three to make one great motor, hence I am acting as Frankenstein and will do part for part to accomplish this. Where I am currently stuck at is trying to remove the motor steering shaft and assembly/housing from one and replace to another, no manuals show this procedure and I don't want to break or screw anything up. One motors steering is excellent and I need it off to swap out with the one that is very stiff and sticky. I only need advice to swap parts for I have tried everything else up to this point, trust me. So anyone knowing where this type of step-by-step info is found would be greatly appreciated in sharing. I'll be surprised if I get a reply but extremely grateful and thankful if I do. Thanks for reading if you in fact did!!!

If you want to find Johnson/Evinrude experts I recommend that you post your question on the Johnson/Evinrude Forum on this site. Go to the top left of this page and click on Forum Home. Then scroll to the Johnson/Evinrude Forum - it's the first one.

Back