Logo

Old OMC metal tanks

Jamesgangnc

I recently started refurbing an old pontoon. It came with a couple older OMC metal tanks and a newer mercury bigfoot 60. The hookup for the tank end of the fuel line seems to be smaller than the current ones. I got a new gas line for it but the tank end is too big. Any suggestions on where I can get this smaller end?

Take off the merc connector to the tank and put on an OMC connector. Can get at wal mart for $5.
I recently started refurbing an old pontoon. It came with a couple older OMC metal tanks and a newer mercury bigfoot 60. The hookup for the tank end of the fuel line seems to be smaller than the current ones. I got a new gas line for it but the tank end is too big. Any suggestions on where I can get this smaller end?

Thanks but the connector on the tank is complicated and includes a float gauge. I salvaged the female end off the old line. It mostly works but not great as I can hear it sucking a little air when I prime with the bulb. I've looked around but so far I have not found the smaller diameter female connector.

Take off the merc connector to the tank and put on an OMC connector. Can get at wal mart for $5.

Back