Logo
  1. Default Boat Cover Help Needed?

I am trying to get any suggestions as far as types of boat covers, best way to secure cover, and boat. It will be on a small lake at the marina docks. I found few sites discountboattcover.com, iboats.com or Walmart? Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Default Re: Boat Cover Help Needed?

if you have a 'brand name' boat where thousands have been made, you can shop around. If not, you best bet would be to have one made at a canvas or uphostery shop...I would suggest a fabric designed for the purpose - something like sunbrella fabric, that will hold up to the environment. Since you will be mooring it, you'll want a fastening system that will let you exit the boat and seal it up easy....probably a snap on button type. Again, the shop can make recommendations. You can also ask around the marina or visit the other nearby one.....

This is something I will have to look into getting for my grandfather! Never thought of the cover to cover his finished project!

I agre with Makomark.

Once I also asked myself the same question, I reasoned like this: I wanted to cover the cabin of the boat with a resilient and easily washable material. My friend who works in a cleaning company, advised to use waterproof ottertex canvas.

Quote Originally Posted by genrystuart79 View Post
    Once I also asked myself the same question, I reasoned like this: I wanted to cover the cabin of the boat with a resilient and easily washable material. My friend who works in a cleaning company, advised to use waterproof ottertex canvas.
    What company dude? A lot of companies I found, but never sought that they provide boat cleaning... Maybe he meant ordinary home carpets?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_pocket View Post
    What company dude? A lot of companies I found, but never sought that they provide boat cleaning... Maybe he meant ordinary home carpets?
    He works in UCM upholstery cleaning, they provide a lot of cleaning services, and they do boat cleaning as well. http://www.ucmupholsterycleaningmiami.com/