Logo
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Default Boat Cover Help Needed?

    I am trying to get any suggestions as far as types of boat covers, best way to secure cover, and boat. It will be on a small lake at the marina docks. I found few sites discountboattcover.com, iboats.com or Walmart? Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Maryland - USA
    Posts
    7,759

    Default Re: Boat Cover Help Needed?

    if you have a 'brand name' boat where thousands have been made, you can shop around. If not, you best bet would be to have one made at a canvas or uphostery shop...I would suggest a fabric designed for the purpose - something like sunbrella fabric, that will hold up to the environment. Since you will be mooring it, you'll want a fastening system that will let you exit the boat and seal it up easy....probably a snap on button type. Again, the shop can make recommendations. You can also ask around the marina or visit the other nearby one.....

  3. #3

    Default Re: Boat Cover Help Needed?

    This is something I will have to look into getting for my grandfather! Never thought of the cover to cover his finished project!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Boat Cover Help Needed?

    I agre with Makomark.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Sunny Isles Beach, FL
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Boat Cover Help Needed?

    Once I also asked myself the same question, I reasoned like this: I wanted to cover the cabin of the boat with a resilient and easily washable material. My friend who works in a cleaning company, advised to use waterproof ottertex canvas.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Boat Cover Help Needed?

    Quote Originally Posted by genrystuart79 View Post
    Once I also asked myself the same question, I reasoned like this: I wanted to cover the cabin of the boat with a resilient and easily washable material. My friend who works in a cleaning company, advised to use waterproof ottertex canvas.
    What company dude? A lot of companies I found, but never sought that they provide boat cleaning... Maybe he meant ordinary home carpets?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Sunny Isles Beach, FL
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Boat Cover Help Needed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_pocket View Post
    What company dude? A lot of companies I found, but never sought that they provide boat cleaning... Maybe he meant ordinary home carpets?
    He works in UCM upholstery cleaning, they provide a lot of cleaning services, and they do boat cleaning as well. http://www.ucmupholsterycleaningmiami.com/

  8. #8

    Default Re: Boat Cover Help Needed?

    Quote Originally Posted by makomark View Post
    if you have a 'brand name' boat where thousands have been made, you can shop around. If not, you best bet would be to have one made at a canvas or uphostery shop...I would suggest a fabric designed for the purpose - something like sunbrella fabric, that will hold up to the environment. Since you will be mooring it, you'll want a fastening system that will let you exit the boat and seal it up easy....probably a snap on button type. Again, the shop can make recommendations. You can also ask around the marina or visit the other nearby one.....
    I like your opinion. This is much better because you can choose what material you want to use.

Similar Threads

  1. Evinrude lower fin cover needed
    By devodad in forum Johnson Evinrude Outboard Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2017, 11:38 AM
  2. 1995 200 Johnson Ocean Runner Cover Seal Needed
    By Unfiltered in forum Johnson Evinrude Outboard Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2016, 09:56 PM
  3. 318 timing cover needed
    By chris_bech in forum Chrysler Inboard and Sterndrive Archive
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 09:21 PM
  4. Linkage cover needed
    By Mike Olsen in forum Volvo Penta Gas Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 08:27 AM
  5. AQ140 Heat Exchanger Cover and Repair Needed
    By lbrannon2007 in forum Volvo Penta Gas Archive
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 08:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •