Logo

Force 85hp 2stroke fuel filter water seperator

Owleyes

I am thinking of installing a fuel water separator filter. Is there any reason that I should NOT put one on. My question is, will it restrict the flow on the fuel going to the engine and will it work with 2 stroke oil in the fuel or will it separate that pout also.
PLEASE let me know if you have any information or suggestions
Thank you

Put it in.
I've use one for over 25 years.
Change it yearly.
Drain it every couple of months if your using Ethanol.

In fact I installed a second filter between the pump and the carb.
Fram G-2 G-3 G-12 any of these will work.
These are a fine particle filters and can help keep it running good.

Thank you Jerry for the info.. I will put one on this weekend. What brand is your primary water separator ? Are the secondary filters just for debris? Thinking of doing that too. A little belt and suspenders...lol.
Orville

I bought one from Walmart.
You can get the others there too.
Just make sure the extra one is beteen the carb and the pump.

If it was a choice between one or the other??
The first one I'd install is the one by the carb.

But 2 is best.

Thanks... I will do just that. For the water separator I am thinking about the Ricor Snapp. I think that's the name... I have looked at so many now I'm confused, lol
Thank you again for input... Any time you have more I'll listen. Allot I need to learn :)

Didn't realize Racor made one so inexpensive??

You might have to change hoses to make the 5/16 fittings work??
That depends on what's on the boat??
Most Force/ Chrysler use 1/4"
Just make sure it's outboard rated??
Long time ago a customer bought one.
Paid over 100$ turns out it wasn't rated for outboard use??

Hi Jerry
The Ra cor that I am talking about is cheap for them. However it appears to be a 100HR filter that is disposable from what I can tell. Guess in the end not so cheap. But the sessions are good for the area I want it in. If I can work it out I might go with a different filter by Seasense, it too had a clear inspection/drain cup at the bottom and the file is changeable. Think it id's about $50 but much longer. We'll see.
Thanks again
Keep posting

WalMart and the replacement filters about $8

I know you can't see in it but its easy to spin it off, dump, inspect, reuse and then replace every year..

Most boats if the tank is left full won't have any problems.

Back