Logo

Twin Honda 225 tie bar question

Ripit

I have twin 2011 Honda 225's on a Baha Cruiser 296 King Cat. Been having issues keeping motors aligned. Previous owner had same issue just not as often. Last time out had to realign using the liquid tie bar valve 3 times. Been thinking about installing a tie bar kit. Would that have any affect on the liquid tie bar? From what I have found Seastars Honda tie bar kit is not long enough as my motors as on a cat are a lot farther apart than on V hull. So , I'm thinking I'll have to Fab one myself. Any thoughts from the Pros here would be appreciated. Thanks

Sounds like you have a leaking valve that is getting worse which is why you have to realign them more often. I have never seen or at least noticed a traditional tie bar on a cat.

Sounds like you have a leaking valve that is getting worse which is why you have to realign them more often. I have never seen or at least noticed a traditional tie bar on a cat.
Leaking valve possible. I guess I should hang my head or even better one of my fishing buddies heads down in that hatch for a while when we are running and see if he sees a leak. They will love that.
I'll check that next trip down. Thanks

I can make anything so you might see a non traditional tie bar on my cat one day. 😎

Leaking valve possible. I guess I should hang my head or even better one of my fishing buddies heads down in that hatch for a while when we are running and see if he sees a leak. They will love that.
I'll check that next trip down. Thanks

I can make anything so you might see a non traditional tie bar on my cat one day. 

Wrap the valves in paper towels and wrap the paper towels with saran wrap and tie wrap the saran wrap. Run the boat on a fishing trip and check the paper towels for fluid when you get back. Don't ask any of your crew to hang their heads in the hatch to watch it while you are running or they'll look at you like this. click---> Are you serious

Wrap the valves in paper towels and wrap the paper towels with saran wrap and tie wrap the saran wrap. Run the boat on a fishing trip and check the paper towels for fluid when you get back. Don't ask any of your crew to hang their heads in the hatch to watch it while you are running or they'll look at you like this. click---> Are you serious

10-4!!!!

Back