Logo

Need help tach and speedometer not working on 2016 60hp

Zwif

Hi there new here I just got a new boat and the tachometer and speedometer isn't working when I look inside the control area there is a purple wire hook up and then a black wire hooked up and a gray wire just sitting there not hooked up and a yellow and green one not hooked up I have followed the gray wire and it goes right to the tach should that be hooked up to the yellow or green wire and why won't the speedometer work either someone please let me know I can't drive 5 hours to take it back to the dealer been on big problem thank you

Do you have the round yamaha multifunction gauges or the square command link gauges? I've attached a picture of the round tach and speed gauge wiring diagram.

Tach Gauge-
Coming out of the back of the tachometer gauge is 2 sets of harnessed wires, 4 wires in each harness. These 2 harnesses plug in to the engine harness, which stretches from engine to console. Then there are 4 free wires...yellow, blue, black, and green. These 4 wires with bullet connectors plug in to the corresponding colored bullet connectors on the tach harness (pictured, 6Y5-83553-MO). Yellow is power, blue is light, black is ground, and green is signal. There is no grey wire associated with the tach. There is a grey wire from the speed gauge. See below.

Speed/Fuel Management Gauge-
Coming out of the back of the speed/fuel gauge are 6 free wires....2 black, grey, red, yellow, and blue. The grey wire and 1 of the 2 black wires connect to the fuel tank ground wire and sender wire. The remaining 4 wires plug in to the same tach harness as mentioned above. The red wire is battery.

The other side of the tach harnesses bullet connectors plug in to the corresponding colored bullet connectors to the control box.

Tach Wire Schematic.jpg

thanks for the info I guess not sure why this tach and speedometer isn't working I will put a picture on here and show you the wires I am talking about II

now I cant load a picture of it I must be doing something wrong

Back