Logo

1996 Force 75hp WOT

Rick888

Can't find similar problem on any forum. Got it back from the shop and then couldn't take it out over winter due to circumstances. Finally in water and fired it up. Ran fine at the dock. Revved all the way up to about 5000rpm, sitting and tied to the dock and in gear. When I take it out on the lake, it refuses to get to WOT. Won't run faster than about 4000rpm. Tried cycling the throttle several times. Switched tanks to see if it was a pickup issue. No difference.

..."Revved all the way up to about 5000rpm, sitting and tied to the dock and in gear. "

Normally you can't get to rev very high sitting still, unless the prop was cavitating like mad. Was it?

Jeff

PS: When I do trailer testing, I use an old, way under pitched prop to let the motor rev.

Just realized there is a separate Force forum. The motor shows Mercury Tracker on the side but the literature suggests it is a Rebranded Force. Seems like it was cavitating some at the dock. Ran to WOT before I had it serviced on the same prop. One thing I tried was nudging the link on the side of the carb which was not getting to full extension and bringing the marked line to level. It would then get to WOT. Adjusted the linkage a little longer which also raised idle speed and had to back off the screw. Thought I had it fixed but some problem when running. Haven't run it with lid off to see if it is a linkage problem or the throttle plate sticking.

Back