Logo

Touch-up paint color

RKMcP

I have a brand new BF60A and would like to get some touch-up paint pen to have on hand (silly, I know). Does anyone know what color are these engines, aquamarine silver metallic or oyster silver metallic?

I have an older engine [96] but they seem to be the same color. Anyway, I did not want the problems of using the gray "lacquer" which was Hondas spray can color for touching up mainly the skeg which gets sandblasted from time to time. A friend told be that Mercurys Mariner "enamel" gray was an exact match and it is. Note, the exact color may not be listed as "gray" and if this turns out to be something to try et me know and I will check.

You should be Auqamarine silver metalic. Paint number NHB14M. I think colour rite makes a spray, they may make pens.
That is the paint for outboards after 2012
Pre 2012 is Oyster Grey metalic Number NH282, or NH282M.

Having just gone through a full search for the Oyster Grey Metallic paint, I can tell you that ColorRite is about the only place you can find it in bulk (pints & quarts) - very pricey. However, the touch up paint is about everywhere, either in pens or 12 oz spray cans. Just do a search on NH282M or "Oyster Grey" IF YOUR ENGINE WAS MADE BEFORE 2012, as Deanmck pointed out..

Back