Logo

Yanmar 2GM 2 cylinder 18hp. Fresh water under the engine?

Dolesy

I've gone around and around with this engine.

- First diesel smell. Leaky injector fixed.
- still diesel! Found leak in tank pulled tank re welded installed. What a bitch that was
- still water! Found that the exhaust mixing elbow had rotted through. Replaced

no smell of diesel no leak on tank. Drop less packing gland. No observable drop even from the packing glad except underway. tiny.

But now I still see about a gallon of water under engine after 2 hours motoring and just sitting. Strange thing going Ian it's not red like coolant freshwater, doesn't have fuel in it. And has NO salt taste!

sorry for all the typos as I was doing by phone but I think you get the idea. can't sem to understand why there is seemingly salt-less freshwater with no coolant (red) collecting under the engine. any ideas would be appreciated.

I've gone around and around with this engine.

- First diesel smell. Leaky injector fixed.
- still diesel! Found leak in tank pulled tank re welded installed. What a bitch that was
- still water! Found that the exhaust mixing elbow had rotted through. Replaced

no smell of diesel no leak on tank. Drop less packing gland. No observable drop even from the packing glad except underway. tiny.

But now I still see about a gallon of water under engine after 2 hours motoring and just sitting. Strange thing going Ian it's not red like coolant freshwater, doesn't have fuel in it. And has NO salt taste!

I would take a look at your water pump, Mine had a drip at idle and more under load. It was easy to rebuild.

Back