Logo

Just can't find the right plug wires 1995 5.8Fsi (Ford 351 GT40 Heads)

Chris Rohde

Regular Contributor
So guys,

Like the title says, I just cant find the right plug wire set for my boat. 1995 5.8Fsi PHUCCE . The old VP number is 3851817. I have not been able to find a cross reference to another set.

So then I was hoping I could use what a lot of the PCM guys use because they run the same 5.8's with the GT40 heads that I do. But their's don't work because their boots are 90* angle boots.

So then I tried a set for the 1994 Ford Lightning because that's the same motor as well, and many parts cross. They have the correct 135* angle plug boots, but they are too short, and the connector in the boot is a bit too short also.

If anyone can help me find a set of the right plug wires, I'd sure as heck appreciate it. I really don't want to buy a 3rd set just to have to return those as well.

Thanks, Chris

I can't tell you for sure what year my 351 Windsor is because it was recently replaced. But I will check my wires tomorrow and post the information. Mine is also a 351 with GT40 heads. My wires have extra length in them so they should not be a problem for you.

The 5.8FSI PHUCCE cable set by Volvo Penta is out of production.

It looks like the EST distributor cap has the post towers rather than the socket towers.
These would require the 90* socket style cable ends.

12681.jpg

If up for the task, and if you have the proper crimp tool, you can use a DIY make-your-own-length spark plug cable kit .
Example only

orly_4040_404_bac.jpg

Interesting.... post appeared a few days ago as a brand new with no responses post... Folks didn't check the date when they replied, which on a sole new post should have been current...

Bob, that’s what I thought also!

I typically try to not post to an old thread, and I usually mention that a new thread should be started.

Back