Logo

Marine Power 5.7 carb alarm buzzer 2nd set of sender locations

Billnet

I have a marine power 5.7 vortec carburated engine. I want to install an alarm buzzer kit that includes its own set of oil and water temp senders. Im not sure where I can install the additional set of senders on the block. I have located the oil and water senders for the gauges but there are no additional ports near them that I can see. Hoping someone can help me out.

Your kit should have switches (vs sending units)....

You have two options: 1) get the correctly sized T and a pipe nipple and use the ports where the existing sending units go or 2) find another pipe plug in the respective galley and install the switches there....a good mechanic will usually point out viable locations for a few cold ones....

Your kit should have switches (vs sending units)....

You have two options: 1) get the correctly sized T and a pipe nipple and use the ports where the existing sending units go or 2) find another pipe plug in the respective galley and install the switches there....a good mechanic will usually point out viable locations for a few cold ones....

Thanks for the help. I think I’ll use the T-fitting method.

no problem.....

Tip: use the 'smallest' T and nipple that will get the job done.....the idea is to minimize any 'moment arm' effect driven by vibration
or wave action....and use decent material....so you minimize any fatigue in the future....

no problem.....

Tip: use the 'smallest' T and nipple that will get the job done.....the idea is to minimize any 'moment arm' effect driven by vibration
or wave action....and use decent material....so you minimize any fatigue in the future....

Will do. Thanks.

Back