Logo

2002 NSF30A Power Tilt / Trim Unit

pametriver

Hello,

First-time poster here.
I am in search of a power tilt and trim assembly for a 2002NSF30A outboard. Piston rod snapped andthe unit is not able to be rebuilt.
The part has been discontinued by Nissan / Tohatsu, but anupdated OEM part is available- if an different locking pin is used.

The motor runs great, but given OEM costs for parts andlabor in the $2000 range, I’d prefer to install a used part to get me throughthe boating season.

I’ve called dealers and used part warehouses nationwide andhave combed Ebay to no avail.
Do any members have a NSF25A or NSF30A parts motor availableand / or, could a non-Nissan / Tohatsu tilt trim unit be retrofitted to get thejob done?

Many thanks,
Adam

Did you ever find a new unit? What became of your old unit? I'm in a similar situation, but the issue is not with the piston, it is with the bleeder valve and corrosion on the housing.

Thanks!
Shay

Did you ever find a new unit? What became of your old unit? I'm in a similar situation, but the issue is not with the piston, it is with the bleeder valve and corrosion on the housing.

Thanks!
Shay

Hi Shay,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I got lucky and found a non-running parts motor with a working tilt / trim assembly. Both units were so corroded it cost me 7 hours in labor for my mechanic to heat, cut, and punch the pins to make the swap. All-in I was looking at just over $1000, compared to almost $2000 for a new unit and labor to install. After I got the unit off the boat I realized the whole housing had failed (sheared in half), dumping all the fluid and putting all the stress on the piston, leading to the failure. Saltwater got in motor and unit was junked... Individual parts are available on https://www.tohatsu.us/home.php also keep an eye on ebay for spares and your local craigslist for parts motors. Good luck!

Back