Logo

power trim and tilt stopped trimming and tilting

I have a brand new to me 50tlrd [I think] and the trim and tilt has stopped working. It stopped as I was loading my boat on the trailer. No damage, luckily!
It was stuck in the halfway position and I towed it home like that. Sensing that there might be some air in the line I bleed the air out and got the motor lowered to where it sits now. When I press the up or down button I can clearly hear the switch activating but nothing else happens. Before I started following electrical wires I was going to see if the pump is full of oil. I think this is electrical but I'll check anyway. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
Joe:mad:

Remove engine cover and check fuse on engine, Mine was supposed to have a 20 amp and PO had put in a 10 amp. It blew and my tilt and trim or starter would work. Replaced with 20 now fine.

Remove engine cover and check fuse on engine, Mine was supposed to have a 20 amp and PO had put in a 10 amp. It blew and my tilt and trim or starter would work. Replaced with 20 now fine.

I dropped it off at the place that installed it this morning. I have a thirty day warranty. I wish I knew earlier. Thanks!
Amazingly enuff I forgot to check the oil level....LOL I deserve what I get.

Master Chief, I was a Navy cook from 79 - 85. A little time in first division before supply.

Last edited:
Back