Logo

no idle

jan joyce

New #4 carbarator for Yahama 2004 50 hp 4 stroke outboard will not idle. Other 3 are working. How can we check what the problem could be and how do we fix it?

Thank for the help. We do have a manometer and a new #4 carb. The #4 carb is still missing. What are possible problems? Does the Yamaha 2204 50 hp 4 stroke model no. T50TLRC have issues with the #4 carb? Thank you.

We used the manometer to synch the carbs. the #4 carb is new and is still missing. What are other areas we need to check? Thank you.
Other 3 carbs are fine. Already adjusted hex bolt, etc.

We used the manometer to synch the carbs. the #4 carb is new and is still missing. What are other areas we need to check? Thank you.
Other 3 carbs are fine. Already adjusted hex bolt, etc.

You've got 2 different threads going for the same issue. Your statement "the #4 carb is new and is still missing" makes no sense. Please clarify. If the carb is new, how is it missing?

I'm sorry about that. I am new to this and did not realize what I did. The motor is 2204 Yamaha 4 stroke 50 hp model no. T50TLRC. The #4 cylinder is misfiring. We have a new #4 carb. We swapped coils 3 x; compression checked 2 x and all even at 150 psi; new pump; new gas lines; new gas; no vacuum leaks; value adjusted; fuel pressure running 4psi; no water in gas. Has there been a common problem of any kind of this particular motor over the years?

Also, what is the correct psi for a fuel pump? And, New spark plugs and checked. We need your help in finding out what is causing the misfiring. Thank you.

Back